Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen...

...we have light, and...


waterproofing!



I was up really late last night or should I say early this morning but I made some good prgress. Connecting the wiring to the switch was very easy, it just took awhile to figure out the correct way to wire it. I knew the Electrical Engineers I work with would come in handy for advice!

The waterproofing (Laticrete WaterTight) was also easy to do, it's more about working with the unknown that takes up time. It has the consistency of Jello Chocolate Pudding and it painted on with a brush and roller. You cut in the corners and edges just like painting and then use the roller for the main area. Wait an hour and put on a second coat. The mistake I made was that my first coat was a little thin so I need to go over some areas again.

I had also wanted to use Laticrete HydroBan for its ability to bond to copper but it wasn't available at Lowe's so I went with the WaterTight. Turns out the wall opening for the tub faucet was too large anyway so the HydroBan would not have sealed the gap.

Isn't it great when things just seem to work themselves out...

No comments: